Sadhana NYC Center for Yoga, Ayurveda and Indian Music
315 West 76th Street
New York, New York 10023
Ayurveda is the language of Nature’s qualities. By understanding the qualities of a thing, you understand its innate nature. In Sanksrit, these qualities are known as gunas.
Ayurvedic Flow Yoga™ is the practice of attuning to the qualities that dominate your physiology and psychology, and learning to modify your yoga practice through knowledge of the doshas, the bio-energies that permeate every cell of our being.
There are several ways asanas and transitional Vinyasa movements can impact the doshas:
- Through the intention of the practitioner
- Through the qualities embodied in the asana or movement
- Through the gaze
- Through the quality of breath while holding the asana or performing the movements
- Through the organs and structures they impact.
- Through the subtle nerve connections created by bandhas and
- And many more ways that we will be uncovering through the semester.